April 3, 2018

Please reload

Recent Posts

CAPS Trust saves $783,000 of tax for a C-Corp - Successful sale of a Manufacturing Company.

November 6, 2018

Please reload

Featured Posts

How to register a new business and get an EIN for free

January 10, 2018

I get a lot of requests from Buyers who need to register and start a new business in Utah. This includes getting an EIN, picking a name, etc.


Here is what you will need to start, register and license a business in UT.


1. Pick a name and register it. https://secure.utah.gov/bes/


2. Get an EIN.  Go to: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/apply-for-an-employer-identification-number-ein-online


3. Register your entity with the State of UT. This site will walk you through the process.  https://secure.utah.gov/osbr-user/user/preoption1.html?beginRegistation=Begin+Registration&_csrf=a8761e29-dfec-4241-911c-e61e35d5f5e0


4. Go to: https://corporations.utah.gov/pdf/llcarticles.pdf   to get a sample copy of Articles of Organization.


The State of Utah has a boiler plate set of Articles of Incorporation/Organization, but I would suggest finding a good attorney to help you with that and a good Operating Agreement, particularly when there are partners who are involved. If you need


ne, I can suggest one that I have used in the past.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags